Signed in as:
Signed in as:
LaGrange Academy traces its history back to February 6, 1970, the date that the Academy was chartered by the State of Georgia. Mr. Ray Anderson, Founder of Interface, Inc., was the first President of the LaGrange Academy Board of Trustees.
The founders established LaGrange Academy to provide West Georgia with a premier college preparatory independent school. LaGrange Academy opened in the fall of 1970 with grades one through ten, adding the eleventh and twelfth grades the following two years, with the first class graduating in the spring of 1973.
The LaGrange Academy campus presently includes five buildings and three athletic facilities. Mrs. Elmina Caldwell Harmon reserved the Caldwell home place on Vernon Street for a school. In 1970, she generously donated an eight-acre tract, including the family home, which now serves as the school's administration building. There were 110 Founders who donated at least $1000 each for the construction of a new classroom building. Matching funds for this building, which was expanded in 1972, were generously provided by the Callaway Foundation. The gymnasium with additional classrooms was constructed in 1974, with matching funds again given by the Callaway Foundation. In 1981, the original classroom building was named Founders Hall to honor the commitment and vision of LaGrange Academy's initial group of supporters. The Susie M. Avery Media Center and Commons Building were constructed in 1983 and 1999 respectively.
LaGrange Academy has remained consistent to its mission and committed to providing an exceptional independent, college-preparatory education for the families of Troup county and beyond.